Thursday, May 10, 2012

Website to Inspire: HealthyPlace.Com

Image source
I was actually recommended to HealthyPlace on Twitter and I'm very glad I starting following them! They post a lot of great blog posts and I've only just begun to discover what else they have to offer.

I particularly like this article addressing "Speaking Up" which is something that I hopefully manage to advocate on this blog. It was very difficult to even admit I needed to seek outside help to myself, even with a family history of depression. I am also naturally an introverted person, so it took a lot for me to then take the next step and start talking about my experiences with others. Lucky for me I have gotten a lot of support and now have a great outlet in the form of this blog.

This short blog post on the HealthyPlace mental health website talks about how opening up will help your self-esteem as well as some ways to say what you're feeling: http://www.healthyplace.com/blogs/buildingselfesteem/2012/05/speak-up-and-increase-your-self-esteem/

What are some things that keep you from speaking up? How do you deal with them?

No comments:

Post a Comment